Oh dear me, I’m getting worse. Seems that my blog will become a monthly issue (just kidding). Frog Pond Farm has been so busy lately and what’s worse is, I just can’t seem to get any ordinance happening in those beds. There are …
- Leeks the size of legs – I think chewing on a slab of wood might be easier
- Egyptian walking onions which are taking their time to fill out but are looking so healthy
- Garlic in 2 beds that needs to be removed, it’s getting that spent look
- Beans which are looking anaemic (watch out comfrey tea is on the way)
- Cucumbers which are piddly, I just can’t imagine them producing anything
- Same with the zuccs (will teach me for late planting)
- A Black Krim tomato which is falling all over the place – laterals seem to be producing laterals
- Parsley which is smothering oregano
- Borage which is just so damn bossy and shoulders everything else out of the way
- Runner beans which haven’t sprouted thus there are gaps in front of the trellis
- My oat / pea straw which I use as mulch, has sprouted and is growing particularly well in the salad gardens (oh great)
- Thornless raspberries are looking red and delicious but taste terrible (ha ha)
- Strawberries which need urgent netting
That’s the garden.
The orchard appears to be much better behaved although I need to …
- Spray the trees with seaweed brew
- Don’t spray the olives as they are already out of control
- Throw around Rok solid and some good cheer – Chrissy is on the way
- Stop being bothered about the leaf curl the peaches won’t die
- Consider opening a shop for our feijoas our trees are laden with flowers
The chooks are all good thanks, including my favourite Dolly. Tony our rooster is pushing his luck and being bolshie with some of my old girls.
I’m great, so is hubby, Dan has arthritis and has decided that he isn’t enjoying his tucker much but would prefer ours (he doesn’t realise he is a dog).
Albert keeps telling him he really is a ‘dog’
See we do have frogs at our place!
Lastly, I made some loquat jam over the weekend and it is absolutely delicious.
Hope you enjoy the rather odd collection of photos …