We have at last harvested those olive trees .. it was a busy weekend.
- Our wonderful neighbours and friends came and helped us pick – thank you so much
- The weather was amazing
- We packed all of the 270kg olives harvested into hubbies car
- He drove them to Wellsford (not me 😀 ) it’s a long drive
- We are due to collect 38 litres of olive oil from the pressing
- Pruning of those trees is now underway
- Try and avoid planting your trees on a hill as this makes harvest very difficult, especially when using a ladder
- If you don’t prune them they will look like our trees
- If you don’t prune them harvest takes a LOT longer
- Be careful that you don’t over feed them or give them too much TLC they will grow even taller
- Make sure that you have a LOT of people helping when you pick them
- I forgot to take photos – too busy
- Don’t get stressed you will eventually get those olives in crates
- Hubby was ruthless pruning one tree with a pole chainsaw I’m not sure what it resembles now
In saying that, thank you Andrew you never cease to amaze me!
My garden is missing me, I still haven’t planted my garlic yet, let alone lifted the cloche netting to check on those brassicas.
The autumn weather has been so mild lately – it is amazing to think that winter is only 3 weeks away!
Sorry I really like this pumpkin!
And these macadamias
Happy gardening – I hope you are doing better than I am!