Hello 2020. And Happy New Year!
So what’s happening you may ask?
Our place is looking amazing (well I think so anyway).
In our garden
- the summer beds are all planted they were stuffed full of homemade compost, blood and bone, rok solid and loads of TLC
- the perennial beans are scrambling up the trellis – looks like a race to the top
- I wonder why I still over plant – my tomato bed is outrageous
- there are loads of self seeded calendula, borage and weeds
- the corn is in, growing like mad and sharing the bed with sunflowers, calendula and melon (and a few weeds)
- the zucchinis have already turned into machines – that’s a given
- our salad bed is stuffed full of wonderful delights – I appear to be eating them all
- we have a bumper crop of plums
- not so good with the damsons, peaches or crab apples
- the olive trees are out of control .. I’m embarrassed
- we have the odd broody chook which amazes me given we don’t have a rooster – silly girls
- garlic what garlic! Grrrhh rust got it again
everything else is fine (I think 😀 ).
Jimmi what a ‘showoff’
Bill has returned at last. After being away for nearly two years he’s back. Already ensconced in our kitchen he cooked the best fish pie I have eaten the other night. I had forgotten what an amazing cook he is. Welcome back to Frog Pond Mr B you have been missed. Now let me show you all the damson plums in the freezer! Lol ..
After saying goodbye to our gorgeous pooch last year, walks on the beach have never been quite the same. As it happens, our neighbour has two lovely border collies who thoroughly enjoy trips to the beach.
Loki (black & white) isn’t a barker, in fact, I’ve never heard him bark, whereas Juni does bark and rather loudly. Loki loves motoring about and leaping into the surf, so does Juni but she tends to tire quickly and gets distracted, ( I wonder if it’s a female thing?). They both love swimming! And strangely enough, they both suffer from similar hearing difficulties … Rest assured, the smell of dog has returned to our car.
For the life of me, I can’t get the horizon to be straight! Lol
Life is grand isn’t it?
PS: I promise pics of the veg garden next post, it is looking awesome