Autumn is without doubt my most favourite season. With loads of things to do or not to do …
Zinnias in the veg garden …
So in no particular order –
- Go and buy new gumboots pronto! The current pair have holes in them
- Don’t assist with wood delivery when wearing old gumboots with holes – end result bruised toes and pride
- Provision of sheep nuts (treats) to same animals needs to be organised in a better fashion – same toes are being stomped on by newly acquired sheep named Shirley
- Stop yelling at marauding ducks when feeding the chickens .. this tends to strain the voice and frighten small people
- Get out with my camera MUCH more
- I have been adopted by a young male ginger cat … he is adorable, most likely feral which means forget ‘picking up and cuddling’
- Sharpen all pruning implements and get cracking on those fruit trees
- Hurry up and pick all the feijoas (fruit) .. 4 legged vermin are feasting on them in the dark of night
- Convince the neighbours and good friends that they should help us with the next olive harvest
- Make more quince jelly with chilli it is AMAZING
- Our beautiful black cat caught a rather large rat the other day … he is a star!
- Why do women scream when wild animals are found in strange places?
- Brassicas are now planted, I’m still trying to pat myself on the back
- Give our lovely dog Dan loads more cuddles – he is such an old bloke now
- Last but not least guess who is coming back to stay with us from overseas on Boxing Day?
And a jumble of pics from our place
The glow from our new pizza oven .. the theatrics are amazing!
Trust me .. these are no longer on the tree!
Sunset caught at Maori Bay on the iPhone
I’m not the only one that adores zinnias!
That’s it from me … better late than never!
Happy gardening my friends