Does much change in your garden from year to year? Seems that many things are much the same as they were last year at our place! What a surprise …
- I dug up a garlic the other day and found nothing at the end. In fact, if it wasn’t for the garlic smell I would have thought it a puny leek. No bulbs in sight. It was hard to believe that I had spent hours and hours, snipping and binning leaves covered in rust or spraying various organic concoctions, all to no avail. So it seemed only fitting that I spat the dummy and hauled out all the garlic. Good! Done and dusted and not a tear in sight
- The heritage tomatoes are in the ground and looking healthy – no fungal nasties yet
- Our salad garden is looking amazing! We could survive on lettuces for weeks. Well I could, hubby isn’t a big fan of those green leaves. The bossy feverfew is still flattening the lemongrass while the lemon balm is still squashing that oregano
- Our runner beans are on steroids … a delight to see them grasping the trellis. We will be enjoying beans soon
- The spuds have been lifted just in time for Chrissy – Liseta and Maris anchor. Yum!
- All my garden beds are now planted with an array of veg, herbs, flowers and the good old self seeded stuff, think calendula, nasturtium and cucurbits
The orchard is an interesting one ..
- No quince or figs (I feel cheated)
- The pears are looking good
- There are fewer peaches than ever
- We will be enjoying lots of plum jam and chutney (hint hint Bill)
- The wooly aphid is alive and well again on the heritage apple, but not for long, I shall be out first thing tomorrow with my neem oil! And yes, we will be munching on apples and it goes without saying that so will the wild turkeys
- There will be an olive harvest next year … but a few trees are suffering from peacock spot (another nasty fungal problem). So after harvest a serious prune will ensue
Can you believe this is a gardening blog? Where are the pics Julie!
Another jumble of photos …
Muriwai beach … those fisherman never cease to amaze me
His favourite place … iPhone
Eric cute and dribbling
Ignoring me … typical
And for a special friend .. a couple of pics of the Auckland Flower Show
Hobbit house post box
My sort of shoes!